Murals for advertising.
The Doggfather
As I was reading a newspaper, I felt as if it had a very homosexual tone to it. Turns out it was Just Out, Portland's premier gay and lesbian newspaper.
This woman from Korea (should I have asked her which one?) ran an American diner near Chinatown.
This is Bill, whom I met near the Skidmore Fountain MAX Station. I can't remember where he's from, but I know that he was in a serious car accident involving alcohol. I believe he was a passenger in a car that was hit by a drunk driver, thus explaining why the right side of his face sits in like it does and why he has lost movement in his right arm. He's currently out of work and was waiting to get his paycheck from the government. I was impressed with how resilient he seems after suffering through an accident like that.
Bill offered me a hit on his joint, but I declined. Nevertheless, he seemed to trust me and didn't mind telling me about some of his wild days back in California. Bill commented that the drug dealer who lived in his town sold everything from marijuana and mushrooms to LSD and heroin.
Self-portrait.
I met a lot of interesting people around the MAX (Metropolitan Area Express) station, including Bill. One man whom Bill greeted had spent the past year in Chicago. For a while I was confused how such an eclectic group of people could congregate in the same area. I soon realized that I was next to the Portland Rescue Mission, and that it was open when I walked by. I was impressed with what I saw:
No comments:
Post a Comment