Fresh raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries with ice cream and chocolate syrup.
I'm extremely lucky to be able to work in my Mom's kitchen when I'm home.
Fruits, vegetables, and fresh tea.
Lis made the best chicken curry I've ever had. For those of you familiar, this was not Indian curry, but sweet curry, or Jamaican curry. While Indian curry includes a number of other spices, it still inspired a lot of Caribbean and coastal South American dishes when Indians emigrated to those areas. I'm still working on photographing food, across which is one the hardest subjects I've come.
After a long a day of work, a necessity.
Why only have bread, when you could have it sautéed with olive oil and garlic that was just minced?
I think this photo is testament to how difficult meat can be to photograph. This lighting was difficult to start with and using a tripod was essential. Nevertheless, the burgers came out looking like mystery meat. My Dad purchased a quarter cow from a fellow farmer in MA, and we mixed the ground beef with Dijon mustard, Vidalia or yellow onions, soy sauce, and tarragon. The salad was mixed greens with Roquefort cheese and walnuts. Lis candied the walnuts herself and made a Walnut-Sherry vinaigrette.
No comments:
Post a Comment